St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
Position: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Status: Part-time (10 hours per week)
Pay: $12.00-$15.00 depending on experience
St. Anne’s Episcopal Church is seeking a part-time youth ministry coordinator to continue strengthening and supporting ministry with, from, and among the young people of this parish.
Qualities and characteristics
The ideal candidate will be a person of lively, joyous faith who wishes both to celebrate and to share
God’s abundant and abiding love with people of all ages. S/he/they will have a love of, and appreciation for, young people between grades 6 and 12, and be able to develop relationships with teenagers and their families in order to nurture spiritual growth among all connected to the youth ministry. Our new youth ministry coordinator will not be afraid to ask questions, grow spiritually, wrestle with doubt, and engage the challenges, issues, delights, and opportunities that arise in the lives of young people. A familiarity with the traditions and spirituality of the Episcopal Church is a definite advantage; and the ability to work collaboratively and creatively with church staff and clergy, parents, and parish volunteers is crucial, as is a sense of humor and adventure. The ideal candidate must have reliable transportation and is able to attend our diocesan Safeguarding God’s Children seminar. Please know that St. Anne’s does not hire current members for any positions within the church.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
• Conceive and help create Christian formation classes for 6th through 12th graders, working with the rector and volunteers
• Design and implement activities to foster faith and spiritual growth among young people,
including special community-building events and activities and hands-on outreach ministry
• Help recruit, train, and nurture adult volunteers
• Be present Sunday mornings for worship at the 11:00 am service and lead youth formation classes at 10:00 am
• Plan and coordinate local and regional mission trips for the youth group
• Plan and lead youth group gatherings during the month
• Develop leadership among the young people involved in the youth group
References and a background check are required.
To apply, please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more
information on St. Anne’s Episcopal Church, please see www.stanneswinstonsalem.org