Joining St. Anne’s
We often get asked what needs to happen in order to “join” our Church. The short answer is you just need to show up! We welcome anyone and everyone to join us for worship on Sunday mornings or at any of our church activities. We understand that first and foremost, membership in the Church means being part of a community that is drawn ever more deeply into relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
However there can be more to it than that. For those who are interested in making a formal commitment of membership to the Episcopal Church, and St. Anne’s in particular, you are invited to speak with the rector about this commitment. To be a member in the Episcopal church, we need to have a record of your baptism on file. If you haven’t been baptized before, the clergy will work with you to prepare you for baptism. To be a voting member of any Episcopal congregation in the Diocese of North Carolina, one must also be confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church. During your conversation with the clergy, this topic will be covered as part of your discernment about joining St. Anne’s. This is an exciting time and the clergy will walk with you every step of the way.
Are you curious about the Episcopal Church? Are you considering becoming a member? If you answered yes to either of those questions then this class is for you. Our Newcomers Class is offered periodically throughout the year and is usually held on Wednesday evenings following the Celtic Eucharist. This class is open to any and all folks who are curious, discerning, or who want to learn more about the Episcopal Church. Contact the parish office to register or set up a time with the clergy to learn more.
Service and Committee opportunities
Whatever your gift may be, there is a place for your gifts in the mission and ministries of St. Anne’s Episcopal Church. Our parishioners are sent out into the world to love and serve the Lord and the way we do that is through the gifts God has given each of us. Opportunities are available through our committees and ministries at St. Anne’s. We encourage you to look for ways to offer your time and talent through one or more of our committees. To help get you started, consider these opportunities:
- Bread and Blessings Committee – hospitality ministry of St. Anne’s
- Outreach Committee – meeting external and internal needs of our community
- Buildings and Grounds – for the care of our buildings, grounds, and God’s creation
- Pastoral Care – praying for our own needs and the needs of others
- Liturgical Ministries – assisting with worship, liturgy, and preparation
- AV Tech – taking our worship out into the world through technology
- Choir – praising our God with heart and song
- Christian Formation – lead and participate in this life long journey
- Stewardship – not a season, but a way of being- that is what stewardship is
- Laundry Love – sharing the journey one load at a time
- Finance Committee – helping the church do all that we can with all that you have given
Is there something missing that you would like to start? If so, let’s talk- there is a place here for your gifts.